Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Simple Edgy & Dramatic Black Make-up Look (My First Make-up Tutorial)

Hey Guys

This is my very first make-up tutorial! I hope that you guys like it. Hopefully I'll get better with each video that I do :)

I'll be showing you how to create this simple edgy & dramatic black make-up look

The Story Behind this Look:
I created this look for one of my photoshoots that I did awhile back. When I was living in Japan, I had the opportunity to work with Jyllian. She's an amazing photographer. I absolutely adore her work and she's such an inspiration to me. I hope that one day our paths will cross again and that I'll have the opportunity to work with her again. 

Check out Jyllian's work

The concept of the shoot was "Good Ballerina Gone Bad". It was an all day shoot and involved two different sessions. One during the day and one shot at night. The good ballerina is dreamy, organic and whimsical while the bad ballerina is edgy, dark and mysterious.

I did my own hair and make-up for the shoot and this look is the look that I created for the bad ballerina. We wanted something dark, edgy and mysterious...

Here are a few shots from the Good Ballerina session:






A few shots from the Bad Ballerina session







Here is the tutorial Video


Products Used:

..:: Face ::..
  • Concealer: MAC Studio Finish - NC 30
  • Foundation: MAC Studio Perfect - NC 35
  • Contour: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Deep
  • Highlight: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Soft and Gentle
  • Blush: MAC Mineralize Blush - Dainty
  • Loose Powder: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium
..:: Eyes ::..
  • MAC Paint Pot - Indianwood
  • MAC Fluidline - Blitz & Glitz
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Carbon
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Black Tied
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Manor
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Phloof
  • MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil - Engraved
  • Shiseido Automatic Fine Eyeliner - Black Noir
  • Excel produced by Noevir (the glittery eyeshadow that I bought in Japan) - Gold SH03
  • Mascara: MAC Zoom Lash - Black
..:: Eyelashes ::..
  • Glameyes Manicare Gwen lashes
..:: Lips ::..
I used these 3 lipsticks in my video
  • Dior No. 863
  • MAC Lady Danger
  • MAC Show Orchid
  • Lip Gloss - NYX Ice Princess
Tip: The eyeshadow is black so you can get away with pretty much any color of lipstick. So be creative. To achieve the exact same look from the photoshoot, use Dior No. 863.
I'm wearing MAC Lipstick in Show Orchid here

I hope that you guys enjoyed this tutorial and found it useful. I'd love to see pics if any of you try this look!

Bella says "Ohai~~!!" ^_^

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment